Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When and where will the Conference and Research Symposium be held?
- The conference will be held at the Spokane Convention Center in Spokane, Washington.
- The conference formally begins with the opening reception, welcome ceremony, and keynote address on the evening of Wednesday, October 10 and runs through mid afternoon on Saturday, October 13.
- The Research Symposium requires separate registration and will be held on Tuesday, October 9 and Wednesday, October 10.
- Full-day and half-day pre-conference workshops and field trips require separate registration and are offered on Wednesday, October 10.
How do I submit a proposal for the Conference or Research Symposium program?
- The Call for Presentations is now closed. The deadline for submitting proposals was April 2, 2018.
- The requirements for the Conference and the Research Symposium differ and are explained in separate Calls for Presentations.
- Each Call for Presentations includes detailed information on this year's session formats, strands, priority topics, and review criteria. Successful proposals will reflect these guidelines.
- All proposals must be submitted online.
- To help maximize the number and diversity of presenters and perspectives on the conference program, each individual or team of individuals is limited to three proposal submissions.
When will I be notified if my presentation is accepted?
- The review process begins in April and we expect to notify individuals of the review results by the end of June.
When can I register?
- Registration is expected to open in mid June.
How much is registration?
- Fees for the 2018 conference are not yet set; they will be finalized in June.
- The early bird, full conference registration for current NAAEE members is expected to be about $450 for professional members and $315 for student and retired members.
- Nonmember rates will be about 30% higher than member rates.
- Research Symposium registration is expected to be about $275 for professionals and $175 for students and retirees.
- One-day rates will also be offered for the Conference. There are no two-day rates.