Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Help Wanted: Support for the Coalition for Climate Education Policy
NAAEE is looking to contract with an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to provide support for the Coalition for Climate Education Policy. The estimated time commitment is 10-12 hours per week through December 2022, with the possibility of an extension. Contractor will be paid $1,800 per month for the duration of the contract. This is a remote position, with a preference for someone in the DC area.
The selected contractor will provide support to NAAEE’s Director of Policy and Affiliate Relations in the coordination of a Coalition for Climate Education Policy (CCEP). Services and deliverables include management of the CCEP membership, communications, and outreach to and about the coalition, tracking state and local climate education policy, and providing administrative support for biweekly coalition meetings and other events.
- Manage communications with CCEP working group members and broader coalition, including drafting and sending email communications, disseminating member resources, and fielding requests for information
- Help to maintain CCEP website by drafting and posting periodic updates and relevant links to news and key resources
- Write blog posts highlighting coalition activities and state, local, and federal policy successes
Membership recruitment and outreach:
- Help to draft and send monthly CCEP member updates
- Create recruitment messages to continue to build CCEP membership
- Maintain member lists
- Help to maintain an online compilation of state and local policies for climate change education
- Oversee logistics of coalition meetings, including maintaining the meeting calendar, sending agendas, taking notes, and providing other support as needed
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Sarah Bodor, email@example.com by May 23, 2022.