I just wanted to share a little bit here about my ee360 Fellowship project I have been working on with NAAEE's Natural Start Alliance for over a year now. If you're not familiar with the Natural Start Alliance please check out (www.naturalstart.org).
Below you will find:
1) My Project Description (Natural Start's Regional Partnership for Assoc. that support ECEE)
2) Research Results from Survey with 31 Affiliates
3) Letters to both Survey Participants and Affiliates that would like to participate in Survey
(link in the letter to the Survey Monkey version of the Affiliate survey)
4) !!!DRAFT!!! MOU "Amendment" for Affiliates wishing to participate in this movement
This post is to start the discussion about ways we can better support our ECE communities, share successes and conundrums, and begin to move this forward.
P.S. Why a "Regional Partner Network" and not just the Affiliate Network?
1) Because there are many many organizations/associations that are not NAAEE Affiliates that are serving nature-based ECE and ECEE in different and successful ways. Natural Start wants to honor this and create a wider network that includes these organizations.
2) Because not all Affiliates are interested in serving the ECE community.
Associations and organizations that are not Affiliates will have a different MOU, not the Affiliate MOU Amendment document with the Natural Start Alliance & NAAEE.
About Ellen’s ee360 Community Action Project:
Ellen’s ee360 Fellowship Community Action Project is developing a Regional Partner Network framework for the Natural Start Alliance , NAAEE’s Early Childhood Environmental Education (ECEE) program. Natural Start is a coalition of educators, parents, organizations, and others who want to help young children connect with nature and care for the environment. Natural Start’s network has grown exponentially in the past few years, and as a national program, they do not have the capacity to meet the growing demand for local support. By developing Natural Start’s Regional Partner Network framework, Ellen hopes to create a formalized space for all organizations dedicated to ECEE to work collaboratively on:
making the case,
providing the best tools,
promoting access for all,
advocating for children, and
Ellen works for the Center for Nature and Place-based Early Childhood Education where they provide leadership for the advancement of equitable and inclusive nature and place-based early learning. She believes that through an intentional framework design centered on best practices, she will help Natural Start and others across the nation increase access to equitable and inclusive ECEE for all.
|Survey Results||406.36 KB|
|Emails to Affiliates||62.62 KB|
|DRAFT Affiliate MOU Amendment||99.73 KB|