17 January to 20 June, 2017
This unique programme is designed to provide participants with the understanding, knowledge, and skills to integrate Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Global Citizenship into classrooms, schools, and curricula with depth and creativity. Unlike most programmes in sustainability, in these courses the Earth Charter (EC) is used as a central feature of this approach. The EC provides a broad, inclusive and powerful values-based orientation that can be infused within the missions and purposes of most educational programmes. Instructionally, the methodologies introduced are ones that can be applied to all learning across the curriculum and across grade levels.
Strengthen the knowledge, skills, and abilities of educators to implement Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Global Citizenship in their work, providing a space for dialogue and professional update on pedagogical processes of transformative learning that respond to the new guidance and educational needs in this area.
Specifically, this Certificate Programme seeks to:
• Clarify concepts of sustainability, sustainability values and principles, sustainable lifestyles and responsible consumption; and global citizenship, as well as the synergies between them.
• Deepen and expand knowledge about new paradigms of education in the field of education for sustainability, and how it relates to education for global citizenship, sustainable lifestyles, and transformative education.
• Strengthen capacities and skills of the educators to integrate the values of sustainability in their areas of action, and develop educational programmes that promote a new awareness of our relationship with the environment and sustainable lifestyles.
• Explore methodological and transforming pedagogical tools that can be used in educational programmes.
• Motivate and inspire educators to contribute, through their areas of action, in building more coherent, harmonious, and sustainable societies.
• Stimulate the exchange of experiences between educators from different contexts and regions
This Certificate Programme is aimed at K-12 teachers (primary and secondary educators), education professionals, and academics in different areas and levels of education.
Cost: USD $1300
Registration and more information at: http://earthcharter.org/events/online-certificate-education-sustainable-...
|Detailed Course Information and Facilitators||471.53 KB|