It's the Earth Day and Earth Month! In the celebrating spirit, Project Learning Tree (PLT) made a list of a few impactful citizen science, or “community science” projects that your students can do to help the environment.
From tackling plastic pollution to supporting the global food supply to observing local bird species and more—this article is your go-to guide to classroom community science!
The projects include:
- Survey the World’s Waterways for Plastic
- Identify, Dispose of, and Report Local Plastic
- Become a Member of the Litterati
- Embark on The Great Nurdle Hunt
- Find Out What’s in Your Drinking Water
- Report Potentially Harmful Cyanobacteria Blooms
- Enhance Air Quality Data Accuracy
- Advance Understanding of the Global Food Supply
- Contribute to Biodiversity Science
- Document Declining Insect and Bee Populations
- More Ways to Promote Pollinators, and MORE...