Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
2017 Sustainable Food Systems and Garden Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:45pm
Website:Hurricane Island Foundation
Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership (HICSL) is committed to developing systems and practices that are based on models of sustainability. Since it’s inception, the organization has been working toward creating sustainable food systems that focus on local, healthy production and procurement of food to support the educational programs. Each year we have sought to increase food production on the island to offset the transporting of food to the island and to use the gardens as an integral part of the educational environment on the island. HICSL is looking for an intern who is enthusiastic about sustainable food systems, gardening, and about opportunities to educate program participants about these practices. The Sustainable Food Systems and Garden Intern will be involved in maintaining current food production in our gardens and greenhouse and will help in creating a long term plan for sustainable food production on the island and for off-island procurement of food to support programs. The full internship description can be found here.
Position Start Date:
Sunday, June 18, 2017
How to Apply:
Application Materials (due by February 13, 2017)
* All applicants must complete an electronic application at: https://hurricaneisland.campbrainstaff.com/
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this position and your relevant experience
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or other academic/ industry professional who can speak to your strengths, abilities, and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A college transcript (unofcial is acceptable)
- A writing sample between 250-500 words. We would like to get a sense of your writing style as we expect interns will regularly contribute updates to our blogs.