Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
2017 Teaching Assistant Interns
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:45pm
The Teaching Assistant Interns will work closely with a mentor educator to help develop and deliver curriculum while receiving training in experiential education science education methods. The Assistants will have a gradual introduction to the instruction of students, beginning with assisting in set up, planning , and student supervision as they take an increasingly greater role in actual instruction. The Assistants are expected to supervise students, including overnight supervision in our bunkhouse, and participate as a full member in our intentional community, assisting in daily community tasks critical to island function (i.e., dish washing, cleaning bathrooms, composting, greeting island visitors, etc.). The Assistants will be evaluated and given regular feedback by their mentor educator and the Director of Education to guide their professional development and improve our overall programming. Read the entire internship description here.
How to Apply:
Application Materials (due by February 13, 2017)
* All applicants must complete an electronic application at: https://hurricaneisland.campbrainstaff.com/
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this position and your relevant experience
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or other academic/ industry professional who can speak to your strengths, abilities, and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A college transcript (unofcial is acceptable)
- A writing sample between 250-500 words. We would like to get a sense of your writing style as we expect interns will regularly contribute updates to our blogs.