Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
3 YO Nature Preschool Lead Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 27, 2022, 5:00pm
Monarch Learning Academy's Nature Preschool is a Christ Centered school looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and passionate about the natural world and supporting a nature-based emergent program that promotes whole-child development for children ages 1-5 years old.
Responsibilities include leading as the 3-Year Old Lead Teacher by planning and carrying out a daily program that is designed to meet the physical and developmental needs of children, help support and apply nature-based learning techniques in the classroom and outdoor classroom, be able to facilitate supportive relationships with teacher aide, director, co-workers, parents, and students.
- Successful completion or enrolled in DCF requirements and 40 hours of childcare training upon being hired.
- One to two years preschool teaching experience.
- Successful completion or enrolled in a CDA or FCCPC upon being hired.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, professionalism, strong work ethic, reliability, ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, and easily maintain busy classroom environments.
- Contribute to the development of community among staff.
- Implementing age and developmentally appropriate program and curriculum in all areas of whole child development including our nature-based emergent program and spiritual needs of children.
- Maintain and observe daily cleanliness, appearance, safety of play equipment and toys, decor, arrangement of the learning environment in the classroom and outdoor learning space.
- Ensure the safety of each child enrolled in the class, in the outdoor learning classroom and common areas.
- Attend training, staff development meetings and some evening meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Attend professional development workshops and trainings when provided.
- Work to increase skills and knowledge in early childhood education.
- Collaborate with parents regarding parent/teacher conferences, group projects, class activities and children's interests
- Consistently able to supervise children within the required DCF student to teacher ratio alone without supervision or support.
- Consistently able to supervise children outside in temperatures ranging from 40-90 degrees Fahrenheit, and exposure to rain, wind, heat, and sun.
- Consistently able to observe and respond to a child's needs, conflicts, and/or emergencies in the classroom, outdoor learning space, and common areas.
- Consistently able to lift children up to 40 pounds from the floor to waist height to change diapers, etc.
- Consistently able to respond and reach a child within 30 seconds.
- Able to stand on feet for multiple hours a day and strategically position one-self in areas of the classroom and outdoor learning space to maintain constant view of children.
- Able to respond to a child's first aid needs that include bruises, blood/bodily fluids, cuts, scrapes, and head injuries.
RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERACTIONS WITH CHILDREN:
- Encourage development in areas of self-confidence, problem solving, social skills, independence, and responsibility.
- Treat each child with respect and dignity no matter what the child's cultural background may be.
- Be a role model for children in speech and language, attitude, kindness, gentleness, and respect.
- Interact with children daily through the required curriculum including circle time, instructional time, snack, centers, lunchtime, nature school and recess.