Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, July 15, 2017, 5:00pm
The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center
Orange County Council, Boy Scouts of America
The Academic Director will report directly to the Executive Director of the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center. This positions primary responsibilities include: recruitment of elementary schools to participate in day and overnight science camps, marketing, staff recruitment and training, and program development and implementation.
- New business development: relationships building with schools, youth groups, religious groups, Scout groups and other potential customers.
- Develop and grow day and overnight programs for middle elementary school students.
- Maintain, inventory, and order program equipment. Primary areas include Mine, Ranch, Wacky Science, and Program Office
- Program Responsibilities include: Overnight Science Camp, Academic Field Trips, STEM Day Camps, and other ranch programming.
- Follow a process to track maintenance and purchases of program equipment.
- Create, schedule, and oversee all Academic Naturalists, Program Lead, Nurse and Life Science Director (full time).
- Ensure that safety and protocol are followed in accordance to American Camp Association and Boy Scouts of America.
- Establish sound working relationships with staff to provide a high quality program and customer service.
- Familiar with BSA and Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Operations.
In relations with the staff:
- Be responsible for the continuous staff recruitment, employment, scheduling, training, and feedback of staff responsible for.
- Provide and encourage staff development, education, evaluations, and feedback.
- Maintain a climate that attracts and motivates a diverse staff of top qualified people.
- Work closely with the Operations Director, Events Director, and Leadership and Youth Development Director, and Orange County Boy Scouts of America staff to support overall operation.
- Under the guidance of Event Director make and follow up on all 30 day out calls for schools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3-5 years camp or recreational management experience.
- Experience in teaching and with STEM programming preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Customer oriented.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.