Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Administrative and Logistics Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, December 1, 2016, 7:00pm
Cottonwood Institute (CI) is hiring a full-time administrative and logistics coordinator to provide assistance, expertise, and support for implementing Cottonwood Institute programs and events. We are looking for a positive, motivated, self-driven person whose goals, passion, and experience align with the mission of CI. This is a year-round position and the ideal candidate must be available for our busy spring and fall programming seasons to help packing trips, organizing gear, collecting and inputting paperwork for trips, helping with CI events, and other duties throughout the year.
CI is a 501(c)3 educational non-profit that provides environmental education and service-learning programs for schools and youth organizations at the middle and high school levels. CI’s mission is to connect underserved students to the outdoors and empower them to take action to improve their schools, communities, and the environment for future generations. CI runs programs in the greater Metro Denver Area, including Boulder County, and throughout the Front Range.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about youth, education, and the environment. They must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize and complete specific tasks autonomously, and meet deadlines, as well as work closely as part of a small team. This position will require flexibility in location and schedule including some weekend and evening time.
CI starts the year with an instructor training in March and hosts our annual Base Camp Bash fundraiser at the end of April. There are many field-based and school programs throughout the month of May into early June, followed by The Throwdown (a charity cornhole tournament) over the summer. We then launch into our busy fall programming season with school programs and field-based trips ending in late October. We need a capable and motivated independent worker who can assume administrative duties as assigned with current staff members, assist in some gear and packing/un-packing duties in spring and fall and handle these events.
Assist Program Director and Program Manager in processing paperwork for trips including:
- Collecting student paperwork (in English and Spanish)
- Database entry
- Creating course summary forms for each trip
- Instructor invoices
- Organizing receipts
- Collecting and entering evaluation data from trips
- Creating and sending follow-up emails for all trips
Special event support
- Database entry
- Preparing donation letters
- Social media and website administration
- Helping Program Manager with trip logistics as needed
- Maintain clear communication with Executive Director, Program Director and Program Manager (mostly through email)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements, Skills, and Experience:
- Proficient in desktop computing
- General knowledge of Google Docs, MS Word, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM data entry
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Spanish (basic written and competent conversational skills in Spanish required)
- Video editing and marketing skills are preferred
- Experience with outdoor gear and logistics preferred
- Knowledge of the Denver-metro area strongly preferred
- Passion for learning and the environment!
The CI team works from its co-working space at the Alliance Center located at 1536 Wynkoop Street, Suite 106, Denver, CO, home offices, and schools throughout Boulder County and Denver. We have co-work time at our downtown Denver office 2-3 times a week throughout the year and anticipate all CI staff to be present at these times.
This is a full-time year-round, non-exempt position with Cottonwood Institute. Compensation is $26,500 - $28,000 per year, based on experience, health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as paid vacation holidays.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com by December 1st, 2016.
**Please take note that this is not a field position and will not include teaching or trip leading with youth.