Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Adult Volunteer Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 11:45pm
Job Title: Adult Volunteer Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About the role:
The Adult Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time salary position reporting directly to the Education Program Manager- Visitor and Volunteer Engagement. The function of this position is to create, implement, facilitate, maintain, and evaluate the Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park volunteer programs; promote the Zoos mission, goals, and objectives, and provide positive Zoo experiences for visitors, clients, staff, and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- The Adult Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the volunteer programs at the Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park.
- Promotion, recruitment, interviewing, selection, initial training, recognition, appreciation, motivation, and retention for all volunteer programs.
- Coordination of schedules, resources, and supplies for all adult volunteer groups: Zoo volunteers and Wildlife Safari Park volunteers.
- Assist area supervisors and/ or curators with volunteer group needs and schedules.
- Create and facilitate communication, curriculum, training, and continuing education for volunteer groups.
- Write and maintain volunteer training manuals.
- Evaluation and maintenance of volunteer programs to meet Zoos and volunteers needs.
- Maintenance and upkeep of volunteer records through Volgistics.
- Responsible for all proper volunteer safety training, and equipment.
- Coordinate monthly service-learning projects for volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Coordinate, prepare, and maintain special events with marketing and foundation department.
- Assist in preparation of Zoo prints newsletter, and volunteer newsletter articles.
- Flexibility in scheduling: Ability to work weekends, holidays and after- hour assignments. (Sunday-Thursday)
- Education Duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in education, environmental education, museum studies, or social sciences
- Excellent leadership qualities, communication skills, decision making skills, personal initiative skills, planning skills, relationship skills; and safety
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and volunteer management systems
- Candidates might be (depending on position) required to pass a pre-employment background check, drug test, negative skin tuberculosis test, and possess a valid drivers license with a good history.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Will sometimes work extended/odd hours including weekends, holidays, and some night programs.
- Must be able to walk long distances across the zoo.
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, twist, reach above head and climb.
- Will lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds using safe and proper lifting methods.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omahas Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.