Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Adventure Trip Leader
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Bold Earth employees get to live the dream! Our Trip Leaders, some of the best in the industry, provide care, fun and excitement for our many teens on trips all over the world. We select adult leaders who will carry on our solid, hard-won reputation for excellence; leaders who are highly motivated role models with extensive experience working with teenagers are encouraged to apply. Our Adventure Trip Leaders are certified Wilderness First Responders and undergo both CPR and lifeguard training.
All trips include one male and one female trip leader who are at least 21 years old. Our average age is 26 years old with a return rate of more than 50 percent each summer. Bold Earth wants trip leaders who want to return for many summers to come!
The hiring process is competitive, resulting in what we believe to be the most professional, safe and experienced leaders in the industry. We conduct an in-depth interview, check references and do a background check of all potential trip leaders. Organizational skills, sense of humor, and an ability to teach teenagers about leadership and adventure travel , are the qualities we value most.
Basic Trip Leader Requirements:
- You must be 21 years old by June 21, 2017.
- College graduate, or in the process of completing a degree.
- Proven leadership experience, especially with youth.
- Energetic person with judgement and decision making skills to provide a positive experience for teenagers.
- No more than four points on your driving record in the past three years.
- A minimum certification in Advanced Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder, and Adult CPR by June 20, 2017. Wilderness EMT and Lifeguard Training are highly recommended.
Job Type: Temporary
- Experience with teenagers: 1 year
- Trip Leading: 1 year
- Outdoor Education: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder (by June 21st)
- Drivers License
- CPR/First Aid
- Background Check passed
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit our website, download and complete our application and return the completed PDF via email.