Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Advocacy and Policy Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 5:00pm
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Support SCVAS Environmental Advocate in promoting bird and habitat conservation for ordinances, and General/Specific/Master Plans in Santa Clara County and beyond.
- Monitor and respond to development proposals in Santa Clara County.
- Prepare campaign materials; coordinate efforts and organize volunteers
- Participate and represent SCVAS in public meetings, agency meeting, and local environmental groups meetings
- Supports the work of the Environmental Advocate by:
- Monitor government agency websites to identify new planning efforts and monitor ongoing development and planning efforts throughout the county.
- Research, review and prepare documents, including CEQA and Policy comments letters, letters to the editor and opinion letters, letters to decision makers.
- Review and prepare content for SCVAS website, Facebook
- Participate in public meetings, agency meeting, and local environmental groups meetings. Take notes and provide the EA with summaries. Provide verbal comments as directed.
- Meet with decision makers and staff of local government agencies as directed.
- Prepare advocacy alerts, prepare and distribute fliers and other campaign materials
- Coordinate community engagement efforts and organize volunteers
- Recruit and organize volunteers and maintain volunteer lists for advocacy projects
- Recruit and organize volunteers and maintain volunteer lists for different projects
- Research scientific literature in support of advocacy efforts related to development, policy and land-use projects
Position Start Date:
Monday, September 12, 2016
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letters and Resumes to Shani at email@example.com. Work samples upon request.