Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
After-Camp Care Supervisor, Friends of the National Zoo Summer Safari Day Camp (part-time, seasonal)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:30pm
Job Summary: The After-Camp Care Supervisor will manage all aspects of the Summer Safari Day Camp After-Camp Care Program. The responsibilities of this position include design and implementation of educational games and crafts and the supervision of three other After-Camp Care employees. The maximum number participating in the program each week is 25 children. This position requires an orientation from 9 AM – 3 PM on Tuesday, June 20 and working every Monday – Friday from 2:45 to 6:00 PM every day for the eight weeks between Monday, June 26, 2017 and Friday August 18, 2017. There is no camp on July 4th.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position manages all aspects of the Summer Safari Day Camp After-Camp Care Program. The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Design and implement simple educational games and activities, using the items and resources available through Summer Safari Day Camp.
- Supervise the daily activities of after-care campers, including snack-time, games, and activities.
- Ensure the safety of After-Care campers.
- Supervise a staff of three After-Care counselors.
- Evaluate After-care counselors at least once during the eight week program.
- Provided excellent in-person customer service to Summer Safari Day Camp families.
- Communicate any problems or parent concerns to the Camp Director and/or Assistant Director in a timely fashion.
- Keep After-Care classrooms clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: At least one year of college.
- Experience: At least one year experience with children, managing staff, and one year of teaching in a formal or informal setting.
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise children.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Ability to develop and implement educational games and crafts.
- Organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean record required.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply with resume and cover letter at www.fonzjobs.com.