Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
CFS Kids-Niche Programs need energetic, part-time assistants for our nature-based after-school programs. We are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic educators to further our mission of fostering a sense of wonder for community and the natural world in Preschool through 5th grade students.
Hours vary depending on the position, but, in general are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 2:45-5:30pm. Thursday, 12:30-5:30pm. We will also be hiring one assistant to work with our 4th-5th graders on Thursday from 12:30-5:30pm. All hours are dependent on student numbers.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field, or two years of experience in outdoor or early childhood education. Respect for nature, a love for children, and a caring demeanor is a must!
* Genuinely listen to students and react with care and compassion.
* Explore the natural world and the Missoula community with students.
* Assist the lead teacher in activity prep, clean-up, and the teaching of the day's theme.
* Collaborate with the lead teacher on activity and field trip ideas, the teaching of natural history, and place-based themes.
* Demonstrate a passion for place-based education.
* Assist lead teacher in playground supervision and behavior management.
* Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to help with other age groups.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the educator to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: Standing for long periods of time, walking, hiking, reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, talking, hearing, visual acuity, significant time spent outdoors in all weather conditions, lifting up to 60 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation: $9.00-$10.50 DOE
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.