Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Americorps Environmental Education Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 14, 2017, 12:00am
Americorps members with Rural Action's Environmental Education program will work with a team that includes two full-time staff and three Americorps members. Duties are accomplished collaboratively and include:
- Planning and facilitating EE programs for preK-12 classrooms tied to academic standards
- Coordinating citizen science events such as Great Backyard Bird Counts, Firefly Watch, and Nestwatch
- Planning and facilitating four weeks of summer day camps, EE programs at libraries and community festivals
- Participating in a regional EE conference hosted by Rural Action and close partner Camp Oty'Okwa
- Coordinating our third annual Birds in the Hills Festival in May
- Writing articles for our quarterly program newsletter and sharing program highlights through social media
Every Americorps member is required to spend at least 10% of their 1700 hours throughout the year on training. This is a great opportunity to shadow other Rural Action program areas like sustainable agriculture and zero waste, as well as to enhance the members' professional development at statewide and regional conferences and workshops. Our team also makes natural history a priority and we spend good chunks of time outside learning about the flora and fauna of these foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
How to Apply:
How to Apply to Rural Action's Ohio Stream Restore Corps
- Go to my.americorps.gov; Click “Apply to Serve” (bottom of screen)
- Build an application; you will need two references. Allow two weeks for their response before submitting.
- Search Listings for Ohio Stream Restore Corps
- Click the OSRC name and Apply!
- A confirmation email from the OSRC director, Candi Withem, will be sent.