Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
AmeriCorps Environmental Education and Outreach Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, August 20, 2018, 12:00pm
This 11-month AmeriCorp position is with Spokane County Environmental Services and located in Spokane, Washington (WA State). Start end dates are 9/16/18-8/15/19. Most work is during weekday hours but some evening and weekend work is anticipated. Spokane (population approx. 216,000) is in Eastern Washington and has four (4) distinct seasons with great snow skiing and many lakes in the area.
Stewardship of our natural resources is becoming more critical. The Environmental Services department of Spokane County is tasked with environmental education focused on the natural and engineered water cycles and solid waste reduction and management. The environmental education and outreach assistant will have an opportunity to teach members of the community and area students the importance of these resources. In addition to direct instruction, you will create printed materials using the Adobe Creative Suite, create digital content for social media, and provide written reports for County and community use.
- Attend all Spokane Service Team trainings and AmeriCorps national days of service.
- Maintain accurate and timely reports and timecards.
- Publicly represent Spokane County Water Resources and Solid Waste programs
- Set up and tear down outreach table/displays
- Conduct indoor and outdoor educational activities for K-12
- Give facility tours
- Develop educational activities that meet relevant Next Generation Science Standards
- Update lesson plans
- Create materials such as lesson plans, brochures, flyers and posters
- Contribute to organizational social media outlets
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Effective and efficient use of time and resources
- Assist the environmental services staff to meet deadlines and collaborate.
Program Benefits: Health Coverage, Living Allowance, Education award upon successful completion of service, Childcare assistance if eligible
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- Car recommended
Service Areas: Education
Skills: Communications, Public Speaking, Teaching/Tutoring, Youth Development, Leadership, Writing/Editing, Computers/Technology .
How to Apply:
To apply, go to the AmeriCorps web page at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=36836&fromSearch=true