Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 1, 2017, 5:00pm
Website:House In the Wood
EXPERIENCE: Entry level
DATES: September 11, 2017-August 24, 2018
Nestled on the shores of Lake Delavan, House In The Wood has carried out its mission to nurture, inspire and educate inner-city youth since 1910.
Phase 1: Outdoor Education (Leadership Position)
During the Outdoor Education season, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for teaching environmental education programs (based on established curriculum) to school groups that come out and stay on site for the week.
Phase 2: Summer Camp (Leadership Position)
During the summer months, House In The Wood is a residential camp that serves at-risk youth from inner-city Chicago. Our goal is to challenge and inspire campers to engage in new experiences. We focus on fostering cooperation, creativity, generosity, responsibility, and kindness in our campers so that they may enrich their lives and the communities to which they return.
- Teach established Outdoor Education curriculum to youths of various ages
- Be part of the Leadership team responsible for recruiting and training new staff.
- Help plan and implement summer camp programs and activities
- Participate in staff training, special events, parent & participant orientation meetings, etc.
- Must live on site. Most weekends are off from September-May, during the summer months you will be off every other weekend.
- Year Long Position. Position ends August 2018
Position Start Date:
Monday, September 11, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to Neal Prokop : Nprokop@nush.org to start the hiring process.
We require a resume, personal interview by phone or in person, two references and background check. This position is only for USA staff.
- Free Housing
- Meals Provided
- Health Insurance
- Onsite Laundry
- Use of Facilities
- Stipend of $12,530 (before tax)
- Education award $5,775 upon completion of the program