Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Amir Farmer- Summer position
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:00pm
Amir is seeking applicants that will be directly responsible for implementing its program at one of the organization’s partner camps. Amir Farmers will be trained and build bonds with staff working at these camps across the US and Canada at the annual training seminar in late May. At this training, Farmers will learn all aspects of building a community garden, as well as how to use Amir’s Garden Manual & Curriculum to run programming for campers of all ages. Throughout the summer, Amir Farmers will be full staff members at their camp in addition to their garden responsibilities.
- Build gardens with participating campers
- Lead garden-based activities and educational programs for campers of all ages
- Daily garden maintenance and care
- Participate in weekly oversight meetings with Amir Mentors
- Participate in daily animal husbandry and care (if applicable to your camp)
- Act as an enthusiastic and active member of the camp community
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Mentoring and education experience
- Passionate about food justice and environmental stewardship
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty!