Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Animal Care Specialist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Part-time Animal Care Specialist will be responsible for the daily care of live animal collection, including cleaning and maintenance of enclosures with other related duties as needed.
The Part-time Education Specialist is responsible for but not limited to:
• Handling live animals and insects
• Cleaning and maintaining animal enclosures
• Lift 50 lbs.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form
• Work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team
• Work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, occasional evenings, and holidays
• Life Science (Animal Biology and Animal Husbandry)
• Effective communications (verbal and written) and people skills
• Computer skills using Windows applications
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Access, Publisher and Excel
• Familiarity with general office equipment and procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Current Tetanus vaccination required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree or current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree program.
• Life Science and/or Earth Science background highly preferred
• Working with animals in an educational environment for at least one year
How to Apply:
Please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.