Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Director Kalmia Gardens
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Provides environmental education (EE) while assisting the Director in biological, environmental, and horticultural responsibilities.
Responsible for facility management, preservation of the Historic Hart House and the Joslin Education Center.
Core assignments for the position include:
Lead Garden tours for guests
- Establish and provide EE programs
- Create monthly Laurel Branch Newsletter
- Engage with the broader Coker campus and Darlington County community
- Work with appropriate Coker faculty on joint programming or projects
- Design and lead summer camp (Week in the Wild)
- Explore opportunities to grow summer camps
- Some ground maintenance is expected
- General “housekeeping” for Historic Hart House and the Joslin Education Center
- Expand volunteer opportunities
- Assist with Darlington County Master Gardener Association activities
- Plan, assist and participate in Garden activities
- Provide assistance to the Director when needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Degree in biology or a related discipline
- Ability to generate enthusiasm for activities and conservation management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Certified or ability to become certified in first aid and CPR
This job requires working knowledge of environmental education for all ages. The ability to enthuse and inspire visitors is a must! The applicant must be able to work outdoors in hot/cold conditions and must be able to lift 50 pounds. Skills in supervision/leadership and landscape maintenance management are required. Working knowledge of office related computer applications and social media platforms are required. Some weekend work is required.
Education/certification: Bachelor's degree in Horticulture/Biology/Education or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- 5-7 years job related experience preferred
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and complete the Coker University Employment Application. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.