Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Director Nature Camp
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Live on-site
- Assist permanent Camp Directors with leadership of camp
- Perform daily camp administrative tasks such as creating weekly camper and staff schedules, camper room and group assignments, coordinating camp supplies and inventory, and maintaining the camp blog.
- Supervise all aspects of the camp program including, but not limited to:
- Ensure the health and welfare of campers
- Enforce all established camp policies and procedures
- Report all camp discipline issues to Camp Directors
- Facilitate camp-wide activities such as field trips, campouts, and evening games
- Generate alternative “rainy day” plans
- Lead nightly staff meetings
- Provide general support and mentorship to other staff
- Develop and teach one, 1.5 hour class per week around the theme of conservation, nature, wildlife and the outdoors.
- Assist with staff training, management, and evaluation
- Be at least 25 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably with concentration in science or education.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR. (Certification must be obtained by June 01, 2017). Current lifeguard certification is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Extensive experience in informal education and within camp administration.
- Experience facilitating teambuilding and large group activities.
- Ability to hike up to 4 miles a day in all weather conditions.
- Responsible, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a good communicator.
Term of Employment: Mid-June through mid-August 2017
Stipend: Competitive stipend includes housing and some meals.
Location and Lodging: Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, Virginia.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should upload their resume and cover letter to www.fonzjobs.com.