Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Early Childhood Teacher for Wild Roots Nature School
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Must have knowledge and experience in, but not limited to, the field of Early Childhood Education and Environmental Education.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all children, parents, caregivers, staff members, and supervisory staff.
- Must demonstrate well-developed classroom/group management skills and have strong knowledge of appropriate child development for children ages 34 months – 6+ years.
- Must be willing, prepared, and able to be outdoors with children in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to collaborate with other educators to ensure high quality programming in the following areas: curriculum,language, development, culture and safety.
- Must meet Associate Teacher qualifications as stated in the New Hampshire Licensing Rules.
- Must have a friendly, caring demeanor and enjoy working with children indoors and outside.
- Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and water safety upon hire.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds at once.
- Arrive thirty minutes prior to start time for set-up and daily preparations and stay thirty minutes after class ends for clean up and debrief. Staff meetings every Thursday from 1:00-2:00.
- Wild Roots Nature School is a state licensed child care program that operates M/W/F from 8:30-3:00, T/TH from 8:30-12:30, and serves children ages 34 months to 6+ years.
- Work with the Lead Teacher to provide a curriculum that engages in age appropriate activities and that promotes a positive learning experience. Collaborate with staff on the implementation of curriculum and day-to-day activities.
- Assist the Lead Teacher to ensure that all written materials including, but not limited to: attendance records, timesheets, injury reports, weekly e-mail updates, monthly newsletters, and parent handbook are up to date and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate positive behavior when interacting with children, parents/caregivers, and staff.
- Step back and observe children as they engage in deep play; document observations for improved teaching and child assessment.
- Assist with daily tasks (receiving and dressing/undressing children, snack, lunch, toileting, cleaning, etc.).
- Maintain confidentiality of children, families, and staff.
- Work with the Lead Teacher to ensure that high quality programming and care for students is being provided.
- Ensure overall cleanliness and safety of the classrooms (indoor and outdoor) during Wild Roots Nature School hours of operation. Assist with daily cleaning, organization, and tidiness of both indoor and outdoor classroom spaces.
- Ensure that high quality programming and care for students is consistently being provided.
- Complete required yearly training hours for continuing education in the field of Early Childhood Education. Some professional development money available.
- Attend all staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Act as an ambassador for Stonewall Farm by greeting visitors and sharing the Farm’s mission.
- Wear attire that is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor settings in all weather.
NEW HAMPSHIRE - Child Care Program Licensing Rules
An associate teacher in a center based program shall be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma, and meet one of the following options:
- A minimum of 9 early childhood credits, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development, from a regionally accredited college;
- A minimum of 1500 hours of supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program or public or private elementary school, with written recommendation from the center director or school administrator, documentation of at least 3 early childhood education credits awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, and the following:
- A written plan for completion of at least 6 additional early childhood education credits from a regionally accredited college or university; and
- Within 12 months of the date the individual begins working as an associate teacher, documentation of qualification as specified in (1) above available for review by the department;
- A minimum of 1000 hours of supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program and documentation of successful completion of a 2 year vocational child care course; orWritten documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified
- the position of associate teacher on or before the date of the adoption of these rules.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to:
Liza Lowe (email@example.com), Director of Wild Roots (603.357.7278 ext. 104).
A background check will be required upon hire.