Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Education Program Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the implementation and improvement of programs and activities to improve and expand community awareness and understanding of animal conservation, environmental, ecological and related issues and their impact on the community.
- Oversees Teen Volunteer program in offseason, preparing documents, schedules, and curriculum. Contact for offseason teen volunteer opportunities.
- Handles all levels of ambassador animals while facilitating visitor interpretive programs for Zoo guests.
- Presents quality educational programs for school groups and/or camp groups
- Engages and educates visitors during Daily Animal Program presentations including: feedings, trainings and enrichment delivery.
- Implements quality assurance and quality control protocols for educational, interpretive programs.
- Assists with all Visitor & Animal Programs including summer promotions, birthday parties, Special Events, Behind the Scenes Tours, and After Hours.
- Assists with evaluation of the efficacy of programs and curricula in achieving educational goals and objectives.
- Maintains high standards of professionalism while representing the Zoo.