Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Farm Curator
The Assistant Farm Curator is a part-time position working 15 hours a week with the opportunity for more hours in the fall. The typical work week will be Saturday 9AM to 5PM, and 2-3 weekday afternoons from 2:00PM to 5:00PM. This position will be responsible for the cleaning, feeding, exercising, and enrichment of the animals, as well as interacting with the public through scheduled programs and spontaneous interactions.
- Serve as a member of the Heckscher Farm team, cleaning, feeding, exercising, and providing enrichment for animals, as well providing education through communication with visitors.
- Staff and support SM&NC special event weekends, such as Harvest Festival and Spring on the Farm
- May aid in the teaching drop in programs
- Supervise and work closely with Junior Curator volunteers
- Perform any needed maintenance and upkeep to property such as fence repairs, mowing, and garden work
- Operate farm vehicle such pick up truck and golf carts if applicable
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Must be 16 years or over
- Must possess a maturity to have professional, respectful demeanor with staff and public.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
- Experience or comfortability with large farm animals
- Excellent interactions with the public
- Must be a great team player but also able work well independently
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and great rapport with the public a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive salary and a great working environment.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org