Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Preschool Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 19, 2021, 4:00pm
Serve as the assistant preschool teacher for the Creekside Forest School, teaching a mixed age classroom. Plans and prepares lessons that are developmentally appropriate, based on student interests, and enriching for all students. Exercises exceptional teaching practices in a nature-based learning environment. Communicates and partners with families to provide their child with a quality education.
- Ability to teach and manage a mixed-age classroom of preschool children.
- Takes responsibility for the holistic education of children enrolled. Facilitates the academic, social, emotional, mental, and physical development of children.
- Fosters healthy social skills among children, including conflict resolution skills and character formation, critical thinking, and manners.
- Co-plan weekly and daily lesson plans, capitalizing on student choice, seasonal cues, and hands-on opportunities.
- Ensures students are kindergarten ready by observing and logging observations aligned to the Iowa Early Learning Standards in Brightwheel.
- Communicates with families on a regular basis.
- Plans snack menu, adhering to budget and student dietary restrictions. Communicates menu to families on at least a weekly basis via Brightwheel.
- Provides support with the planning and execution of preschool family functions (including Parent-Teacher Conferences), and unlocks and secures building appropriately during after-hours events.
- Supervises Lunch Bunch.
- Takes responsibility for setting up the classroom prior to the school year and preparing it for summer camps at the end of the school year.
- Reviews, evaluates and modifies existing and proposed procedures in conjunction with supervisor, recommends appropriate changes.
- Maintains current knowledge of development in areas of responsibility. Participates in state, local, and national organizations, conferences, and workshops as appropriate.
- Serves as Nature Center representative in community forums as requested.
- Other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Belief in the Nature Center and Creekside Forest School’s mission and a healthy appreciation for the outdoors. Believes the nature-based education model. Nurturing teacher. Able and eager to work outdoors in good and inclement weather to accomplish program goals. Proven ability to design and implement student-centered, play-based curriculum. Demonstrated knowledge and application of early childhood education best practices. Creative and energetic with strong public and human relations abilities, professional appearance, positive attitude and motivation. Flexible and adaptive to change. Represents ICNC in the most positive manner with all people, both personally and professionally. Highly developed public speaking and presentation skills. Flexibility to work weekends and evenings to meet goals of preschool. Excellent writing & communication skills.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Constant (67-100%) outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions. Constant (67-100%) walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, grasping, finger dexterity. Occasionally (10-33%) sitting and standing in an office setting and viewing a computer screen. Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds occasionally (10-33%). May occasionally (10-33%) be required to travel off-site to complete duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate of Arts (or higher degree) in Early Childhood Education or another related field required. Experience teaching or working with children required. Must be able to be approved by DHS as an On-Site Supervisor. Adult, Child, and Infant First Aid and CPR certified, or be willing to do so within the first month of employment. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of coverage and maintain personal automobile insurance coverage, including liability. Ability to pass a background check.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com