Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant Teacher Position
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 10:30pm
This position will work with lead teacher in all aspects of implementing a 2 hour nature elementary school program Monday through Wednesday. There will be two age groups, a 6-8 year old class on Monday/Wednesday and an 8-10 year old class on Tuesday. This position is a 7.5 hour per week role starting September 14th and running through November 18th (10 week course), with typical work hours of 12:45-3:15, Monday-Wednesday.
- Working with lead teacher in the application of age-appropriate, inquiry-based learning style for 6-10 year olds enrolled in the nature elementary program.
- Modeling a healthy relationship with and curiosity for the natural world.
- Ensuring the health, safety and well being of students.
- Carry a backpack with provided first aid kit, tissues, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Other related duties assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience working with early learners in a formal setting.
- CPR/First Aid certification
- A positive outlook for and ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other teachers, as well as children and their parents.
- A basic working knowledge of forest ecology and natural science principles and willingness to learn more about the particular area’s flora and fauna.
Salary: $15-18/hour depending on experience
How to Apply:
Email Kristin Hammer at email@example.com