Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, August 21, 2020, 8:00am
Website:Pacific Education Institute
The position's primary responsibility is to successfully execute PEI's organizational operations: to build strategic partnerships, to identify and utilize tools and strategies that increase system efficiency and build capacity. This is a full‐time position that reports to the Executive Director, will ultimately supervise one or more employees including Development Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Interns and/or volunteers. PEI is a statewide organization headquartered in Olympia, WA.
Manage Strategic Initiatives, Outreach and Relationship Building
- Work closely with the Executive Director to identify and pursue strategic initiatives
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
- Develop and deliver PEI’s outreach to nonformal education, natural resource and workforce development professionals to build relationships with potential and actual funders and partners
- Represent PEI on national committees and liaison with government organizations to ensure innovation of PEI programs
- Professionally represent PEI to the public through presentations/speaking engagements to share information about PEI with the public
- Track and evaluate project accomplishments, challenges, and opportunities
- Manage and support implementation of PEI’s strategic plans, development activities and communication strategies
- Manage and/or support development, program and communication tracking systems
- Oversee publication of annual report and newsletters, social media presence and website
Funding and Grant Management
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and volunteers to pursue and secure grants and earned income to support PEI’s strategic initiatives and programs
- Research existing and new grant requirements, write initial draft of grants, track reporting and write reports
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them including managing donor acknowledgment process
- Manage sponsor program: maintaining regular communication and ensuring sponsor benefit commitments are fulfilled
- Increase sponsors by identifying new prospects and setting up initial meetings
- Write project reports, including data collection, for grants, funders and partners
- Propose development events and manage logistics (marketing, registration, materials, flyers, distribution lists) and financial reports
- Work with Directors to prioritize Salesforce needs and reports, identifying key data input/field needs, suggest best tools to use to collect that data, create formatted reports
- Support Executive Director in preparation for board meetings: maintain board member contact information, meeting logistics, catering, and maintaining board forms
PEI is committed to increasing diversity of staff in our organization. Candidates who can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply and identify their strengths and experiences in these areas.
Desired Qualifications and Dispositions
- At least 10 years relevant experience
- Experience in managing others, supporting individuals to collaborate on behalf of a team
- Experience with project management
- Experience with organizational outreach, networking and public speaking
- Experience in fundraising and grant management in a nonprofit setting
- Experience using software systems to increase efficiency and track programs and projects
- Able to take direction and take initiative, self-directed follow through on plans and projects
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team effort
- Experience in and commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in education and natural resource fields
- Confident and comfortable interacting and collaborating with diverse audiences (donors, board members, corporate executives, students, teachers, etc.)
- Up‐to‐date on current initiatives in education and key green economy sectors (natural resources, renewable energy, agriculture and food systems, outdoor recreation, environmental conservation)
How to Apply:
Please apply by submitting a job application on our website at http://bit.ly/36m5c7T including a cover letter and resume to Gail Kramer, PEI Finance and HR Director, or by mail to 724 Columbia St. NW, Suite 255, Olympia WA 98501. Applications will not be accepted in person and incomplete applications will not be considered.
PEI evaluates candidates based on their experience, abilities and effectiveness and does not discriminate against candidates based on any other personal characteristic or any classification. We have a commitment to integrating diverse perspectives into our workplace culture and encourage our employees to bring their whole, authentic selves to work. We strive to create a diverse team that allows us to effectively connect to the communities we serve.
PEI thoughtfully reviews every resume submitted but will only communicate with those selected for an interview. If we contact you for an interview, please be prepared to undergo a thorough background and professional reference check.
PEI is a leader in promoting a scientifically literate citizenry empowered to make balanced, well-informed decisions for sustainable communities. We empower educators to advance scientific literacy by promoting equitable, outdoor, locally relevant, integrated, career connected, real-world science. It is a process that takes students outdoors to integrate language and math skills with an understanding of complex social (cultural, economic, civic) and natural systems to: answer authentic questions through scientific inquiry, design real solutions through engineering, and resolve issues through collaborative decision making. Find more information at https://pacificeducationinstitute.org/.
This is a 40 hour per week position. Wages are $29.00 - $32.00 per hour dependent on successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. PEI offers a competitive Employee Benefit Plan prorated based on FTE level and includes paid holidays, vacation/sick leave, health, vision, dental, retirement and life insurance benefits.