Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Associate Faculty, Early Childhood
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Assist in the development, promotion, marketing, implementation, and data collection surrounding the summer institute in Place-and Nature-Based Early Childhood Education;
- Develop course to align with institute for academic credit
- Teach assigned courses including:
- Place-Based Pedagogy, Multicultural Education and Environmental Justice
- RU and/or LRU Core Seminar Educating for the Future o Instructional Techniques for Young Children
- Other Early Childhood Education courses related to the cognitive, emotional, social, and cognitive development of children birth through age eight. Adjust core curriculum for ECE with for focus on Place- and Nature-Based Education
- Assist in the re-approval process, focusing on the concepts of place, nature, and Reggio approaches
- Help design and build the MEd courses in ECE and ECSE
- Attend departmental meetings
- Assist department in recruitment of students
- Advise students as a core faculty member
- Attend orientations and graduations
- Be a member of the LRU Curriculum Committee;
- Must be willing to travel to attend meetings and represent Prescott College.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Masters degree or above in Early Childhood Education
- Strong background as a practitioner in Montessori, Waldorf, or Reggio approaches
- Ten or more years working with a variety of children between the ages birth to age 8
How to Apply:
Prescott College is located in Prescott in the mountains of central Arizona. Prescott is surrounded by national forest and high plains at an elevation of 5,200 feet. With four mild seasons and unsurpassed natural beauty, Prescott offers a diversity of outdoor activities, including rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, and nearby canoeing, rafting, kayaking, and snow skiing. The old mining town of Jerome, the red rocks of Sedona, shopping in Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon are all within a day's trip. In addition to the main campus in Prescott, the College has additional location in Tucson, AZ and a field station in Kino Bay, Mexico.
Please visit our site at www.prescott.edu/jobs for more information and how to apply.
Prescott College requires that all applicants submit the following documents:
- a letter of interest
- a current resume or CV
- a completed Prescott College Employment Application with specific position title (found on our website)
- Submit to email@example.com OR mail: Attn: HR Prescott College, 220 Grove Avenue, Prescott, AZ 86301 OR fax to 928.776.5103
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.