Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
BCAP Teaching Fellowship*
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, April 1, 2017, 12:00pm
$ 15.00 per hour
May 1st – Sept 26th 2017
two weekdays and two weekend days each week, approximately 20-25 hours a week. Additional hours to be determined.
The Prospect Park Zoo Education Department’s Teaching Fellowship program is a unique opportunity for recent college graduates and graduate students to explore conservation education in-depth. Fellows acquire the skills needed to lead a wildlife classroom that invites and fosters student-directed learning, and learn pertinent information about conservation issues with a global impact. Particular emphasis is placed on the Wildlife Conservation Society’s efforts to protect wildlife and wild places.
The summer Conservation Education Fellowship will primarily focus on teaching BCAP and Birthday Parties. The BCAP fellow will lead BCAP camp sessions and birthday parties with assistance from instructors and volunteers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepping and teaching a wide range of programs, including BCAP programs, Birthday Parties, and special events.
- Assisting instructional staff in the development and creation of materials for school and general audience programs.
- Assist with general office tasks and general upkeep of Discovery Center.
- Assist with weekend special events as needed.
- Be trained on and present animals from the Zoo’s tractable animal collection.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as presented by WCS.
- Perform all related tasks and duties, as assigned.
- College student, recent college graduate, or graduate student
- Previous experience working with children; one year prior teaching experience preferred
- Educational background in ecology, environmental science or education preferred
- Available to work from May, 2017 – September, 2017
- Must be available Saturday - Sunday and two weekdays a week
How to Apply:
Please apply at http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers