Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Belle Isle Summer Nature Camp Lead Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 12:00pm
In collaboration with an Assistant Teacher, leading one camp group of 12 youth aged 5 to 12. Camp activities include wildlife hikes, craft and art projects, field trips, team building activities, camp songs, games and conservation projects.
- Providing kind, positive behavior management and managing the social dynamics of the camp group.
- Being responsible for the supervision and physical and social safety of a group of students.
- Providing a teenage Counselor-in-Training with appropriate tasks, opportunities for growth and supportive feedback.
- Building strong relationships with campers and leading excellent age-appropriate programs on environmental topics.
- Communicating effectively with campers, the Assistant Teacher, Camp Coordinator, Camp Director and parents.
- Following camp policy and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Programs are held outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions. All candidates must attend training (June 25 - June 29, 2018) prior to the start of camp and be available for all seven weeks of camp (July 2 - August 17, 2018).
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in General Science, Education, Zoology, Biology or other closely related field OR completion of a High School Diploma with four years of experience in a large zoological institution or a youth organization preferred.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with students of varying ability levels and backgrounds.
- Experience mentoring or coaching teens is preferred.
- Willing to give and receive help and feedback and work as part of a team.
- Experience in environmental education, outdoor recreation, and/or project based learning are preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be available for the entire camp season, June 25 - August 17, 2018.
- Must hold a valid operator license with an excellent driving record, chauffeur license preferred.
- Familiar with concepts and issues of biology, environmental or life sciences, environmental education, and/or animal welfare
Work Environment: Work will be performed in an outdoor environment in various conditions. Employees must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is exposed to seasonal weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee must be able to lift and move 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 25, 2018
How to Apply:
$11.66/hour, 40 hours a week