Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Big Creek Program Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 5:30pm
The Wild and Scenic North Fork River, the Apgar Range of Glacier National Park, historic Ranger Station cabins dating to 1927, and a cornerstone of youth outdoor education in northwest Montana: this is Big Creek.
The Big Creek Program Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Glacier Institute mission to support and facilitate outdoor, science-based education for youth by managing facilities, programs, staff and services needed to support all aspects of non-advocacy, outdoor education. This includes living on site on the historic Big Creek campus on the North Fork of the Flathead River from approximately March until November, directing a seasonal staff of 6-7 like-minded individuals. Programming needs range from aquatic biology to fire ecology, touching on the local context of watershed education, a unique fire history, and outdoor adventures that impart confidence, conservation, and a commitment to public lands in Montana and elsewhere. Upon completion of the field season, the manager may be requested to operate out of the Glacier Institute main office in Kalispell for a portion of the year on a part-time basis. The Big Creek Manager receives housing at the field site, but is responsible for his or her own housing during site closure.
- Degree in Environmental Education or a related field
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development
- Previous supervisory experience
- Prior food service experience helpful
- Preferably experience living and working in high altitudes and in all types of weather conditions and remote areas
- Preferably experience with building and facilities maintenance
- Current CPR Certification and the willingness to attain Wilderness First Responder Training if not previously certified
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org