Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Bird Presenter & Trainer
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, November 21, 2016, 12:00am
% of Time Spent (percentages subject to change seasonally)
Conducting Education Programs 50%
Curriculum-based Projects 20%
Resident Bird Care 20%
Summer Flight Show 10%
Full Time, Non-Exempt
CONDUCTING EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
- Conduct education programs, with a focus on formal onsite programs for schools, daycares, camps, etc.
- Conduct offsite exhibits.
- Assist with onsite events including but not limited to Hoot-n-Howl, Young Vets Day, etc.
- Assist in program scheduling, confirmation phone calls and other correspondence with teachers and other public institutions.
- Proper bird care while traveling and following CRC guidelines for care and feeding.
- Keep record of travel expenses and purchases approved by Curator
- Maintain equipment (prop boxes, perches, carpets, vehicles, etc.)
CURRICULUM BASED PROJECTS:
- Work with Curator of Birds and Programs to write and evaluate curriculum based programming
- Assist in teaching continuing education classes for volunteers.
- Assist with presentation of professional development workshops for teachers and educators.
- Work with Senior Bird Presenter & Trainer to conduct hawk migration trips and additional offsite experiences for volunteers and the public.
RESIDENT BIRD CARE:
- Assist in daily care of all permanent resident birds (feeding, cleaning, watering, caretaking, health checks etc.).
- Training assigned resident birds for formal and informal education programs, enrichment, etc.
- Assist in training volunteers, interns and staff with handling education birds to CRC standards.
- Assist making/replacing birds’ equipment as needed.
- General upkeep of enclosures, including perch and substrate building & replacement
- Proper bird care while traveling, including following CRC guidelines for care, cleaning and feeding.
- Assist with Photo Wild! events
- Assist in training of flight birds for summer shows.
- Work with flight show team to write script under the advisement of the Programs Director.
- Help build any stage props needed for amphitheater.
- Holds a role in flight show season
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
- Curator of Birds & Programs
- Senior Bird Trainer & Presenter
- CRC Education & Bird Care teams
- RBC Volunteers/Docent Volunteers
- Rehabilitation Staff
- Other CRC staff and volunteers
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Zoology, Education or related field (or currently attending higher education institution to attain degree).
- Excellent public speaking skills and stage presence while working with animals and performing for the public.
- Ability to perform to high standards with tight and demanding time schedules.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, volunteers, general public and media.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work/goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to lead, coach and inspire all members of the team.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work with others (team oriented)
- Understanding of CRC mission
This job description reflects the organization’s assignment of essential responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Natalie Childers, Curator of Birds and Programs, email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.