Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Board and Executive Administrator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 9, 2017, 12:00pm
Board and Executive Administrator
- Manages all aspects of administrative support and project execution for the Executive Director and Strategic Leadership Team (SLT).
- Provides excellent customer service, both internally and externally and assists with outreach activities and events.
- Provides administration to Board of Directors. Maintains all Board administration and governance documentation. Designs and executes Board development and recruitment plans.
- Leads planning of organization-wide staff events / meetings.
- Actively participates in diversity efforts of staff, board members and corpsmembers.
- Serves as project coordinator for Executive Director on chief obligations and mandates.
- Proactively coordinates and manages projects of the Strategic Leadership Team.
- Coordinates strategic planning efforts on behalf of the Board, Executive Director and SLT team.
- Works with Executive Director to coordinate and prioritize daily appointments and business obligations.
- Arranges Executive Director’s meetings and conferences, including handling communication, travel arrangements, and other related functions and documentation.
- Build relationships and maintains contact lists of relevant organizations, businesses and other groups related to Conservation Corps’ mission.
- Coordinates legislative outreach efforts including sending materials and scheduling meetings and visits on behalf of Executive Director and Strategic Leadership Team.
- Leads planning of Annual Staff and Board Member Holiday Party, all-staff meetings and other organization-wide events.
- Supports the Director of Development and assists with planning and staffing of alumni, donor, volunteer and other outreach events.
- Plans, coordinates, and arranges Board of Director/Committee meetings including drafting agendas, reserving facilities, arranging catering, etc.
- Administers Board of Directors of meetings, deadlines, and upcoming special events
- Coordinates travel arrangements and accommodations for Board members.
- Keeps minutes of Board meetings, as well as maintains physical and electronic copies of all minutes in compliance with audit requirements, including preparation and tracking of all Board related agenda, resolutions and activities.
- Creates, updates, distributes and files Board communications and documentation, including all information related to Board administration and governance.
- Maintains Board web page and all Board-related records on staff shared server.
- Prepares expense reports for Executive Director and Board Members for submission to Finance Director.
- Assists with special projects and performs other related functions delegated or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of four years of administrative experience.
- Proven ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in administering organizational diversity plans.
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population of staff, participants, and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to proactively organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to Conservation Corps’ mission and values.
- Strong proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with project management and/or event planning.
- Previous experience providing Board of Directors administration.
- Experience working with diverse populations and communities.
- -- Previous experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with coordinating legislative efforts on behalf of a nonprofit organization or cause.
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps and/or environmental conservation work.
- This is a regular (benefits-eligible), full-time (40 hours per week) position
- The Corps offers some flexibility in schedules, occasional evening and weekend work is required.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to HR@conservationcorps.org.
DEADLINE: June 9, 2017