Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 12:00pm
- Prepare and cook meals efficiently for groups of up to 175 participants, at designated times, meeting food preparation timelines.
- Wash all dishes, and clean all surfaces used in the preparation and serving of meals.
- Regularly clean surfaces and equipment in the kitchen, dish room, coolers and, pantries as designated by the manager.
- Maintain Oregon Health Code and American Camp Association standards in handling, cooking and storing of food.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety
- Ability to repurpose leftover food into new dishes.
- Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary.
- Ability to make meals from scratch
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to follow basic instructions.
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent coordination and project management skills.
- Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
- Working knowledge of nutritious and well balanced meals.
- Working knowledge of dairy free, gluten free and vegetarian cooking recipes and techniques.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking in commercial kitchens.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders, choppers and mixers.
- Must pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
- Hourly rate between $10.91 - $12.60 depending on experience.
- Competitive health benefits.
How to Apply:
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/113871.html to apply
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.