Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Camp El Tesoro Business Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:00pm
Website:Camp Fire Camp Overnight Camp
To further the mission of Camp Fires Camp El Tesoro by directing the overall business operation of the camp on a seasonal basis, including, camp store, personnel record keeping, customer service, and camper records. The position involves considerable independent work as well as being an effective member of a team.
Minimum Qualification for any position at Camp El Tesoro:
- A genuine interest in working/living with and teaching children in outdoor environment
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability to handle the pressures that are associated with living with coworkers, and children
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Participate in pre-camp staff training. Become familiar with and implement camp policies, procedures, and philosophy as stated in the Summer Camp Staff Manual
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Minimum of 20 years of age
- Experience in business or office setting
- Knowledge of and experience in business: ordering, inventory, cash management, and office equipment use
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the daily operations of the camp business service.
- Operate camp store including purchasing, inventory control, camper accounts, and record keeping.
- Supervise staff assigned to assist in the store.
- Manage overall finances of the camp store and inform camp director of income and expense status.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of business, program, and office supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance of the camp business equipment.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and inform director of needs.
- Ensure office equipment is in good operating condition.
- Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
- Manage all customer service and communication functions with customers and vendors.
- Answer phones and e-mail communications related to camper registrations, parental and general camp operational questions.
- Refer concerns to camp director.
- Assist in the management and record keeping of camper and staff information.
- Assist camp director in the collecting and filing of human resource forms from camp staff.
- Record, file, summarize, and prepare reports related to camper registrations.
Other Job Duties:
- Attend administrative staff meetings.
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those assigned as leaders.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports directly to Camp Director
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to safely and properly operate business equipment.
- Manual dexterity to utilize computer and other office equipment.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to live in camp setting and work irregular hours delivering programs.
- Endurance including standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to work in the sun and heat, and varying environmental conditions.\
- Ability to observe camper behavior, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 23, 2016
How to Apply:
Interested persons should fax or email a cover letter & resume to:
Camp Fire First Texas
2700 Meacham Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76137
Email: resume@CampFireFW.org Fax: 817-831-5070
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
(817) 831-2111 x. 152