Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Camp Environmental Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 12:00am
Camp Environmental Educator (Counselor) 2022
Waterman Conservation Summer Camp
Fred L. Waterman Conservation Education Center has provided environmental education and outdoor recreation opportunities to the residents of Broome and Tioga counties for over 40 years. Our mission is to promote environmental literacy while encouraging people to get outside and enjoy our natural areas. For over 20 years we’ve offered a youth recreation day camp during the summer for children between the ages of 6 and 11 which includes games, hikes, crafts, and other activities. This year camp will run between June 27th until August 5th from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. The Waterman Center is a proud partner agency of the United Way of Tioga County, New York.
Report to, and work closely with, the Camp Director. Environmental Educators are responsible for implementing and helping to execute a dynamic, high quality environmental education curriculum for our on-site camp programs.
Specific Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Prepare and teach educational programs for children, including maintaining camp inventories.
- Assist co-educator with design and implementation of environmental science curricula
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of the daily programs.
- Administer first aid to campers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant teaching experience with youth audiences (informal, outdoor experience preferred).
- Knowledge of and passion for the natural world.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, patient and flexible when working with children and adults.
- Strong interest for sharing nature with children.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to present a professional appearance, punctuality, demonstrated responsibility.
- Ability to walk all the trails of Waterman Conservation Center.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and terrain.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred, but can certify in house
Dates of Responsibilities:
- A pre-camp meeting TBD late in June. Camps runs all of July (Monday -Friday from 9-3) with possible extension of employment for two weeks in August.
- Work hours from 8:30-3:30 Monday - Friday
- This is a paid position.
How to Apply:
To apply send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to: email@example.com Please mention that you saw the job on (NAAEE eePRO)
Summer Camp Director
Waterman Conservation Education Center
403 Hilton Road, Apalachin N.Y. 13732