Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 10, 2017, 12:00pm
As a Camp Guide or Lead Guide you will:
- Lead interesting and engaging on-grounds experiences with campers
- Support the Zoo’s mission and Take Action Initiatives by modeling conservation behavior
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all campers in your group from drop-off through pick-up.
- Have Fun!
Minimum qualifications are:
- At least 18 years old and able to provide documentation to work in the USA
- Completion of 2 years of college coursework, preferably in science or education or equivalent experience
- At least 6 months working with children in an informal or formal setting
- Able to attend all required training (dates below)
- Able to work at least 4 weeks during the summer from May 29- August 11, 2017 and at least one weekday during year-round school break camps
- Pass a background check and drug screen testing
- Must be able to walk or stand outdoors 65% of the time in all weather conditions.
- Work Shifts all Monday – Friday
- This summer, we have added before/after care, so a variety of shifts will be available. The majority of shifts available are from 8-5 and the rest will be based on registrations.
- 8:00AM-5:00PM (All Lead Camp Guides will work this schedule)
- Friday, February 10
- Thursdays, February 16 or 23 at 5PM
- Saturday, February 25 9AM
- 2-day sessions on Saturday and Sunday
- May 6-7 or May 13-14 9:30AM-3:30PM