Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The Captain/Education Specialist position is a core member of the Save The Bay’s education team. The position responsibilities are divided among Captain and Educator roles. As Captain, this position will work with the Lead Captain to ensure safe and efficient operation of STB vessels including regular maintenance to vessels and dock facilities and will participate in on the water support for other STB programs and events. As an Education Specialist, this person will be responsible for teaching, leading and developing school and group programs on the water and on land.
- Master United States Coast Guard 50 Gross Tons Near Coastal License
- Excellent knowledge of USCG regulations
- Knowledge and experience navigating Narragansett Bay (preferred)
- BCI check required
- Must submit to random drug testing program throughout the year
- Assist Lead Captain with regular maintenance on all STB vessels and dock facilities.
- Background working with children leading and planning educational programs
- Strong interest in environmental education
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Must enjoy working with children
- Must enjoy working outdoors despite extremely sunny, hot, or rainy conditions
- Must be physically capable of walking several miles, lifting medium weight objects, and swimming
- Available to work a varied schedule including weekends
- Must be flexible and outgoing with a good sense of humor
- BS in biology, science, marine biology, education or another related field
- First Aid/CPR preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package available. Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer.