Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Center Director - North Park Village Nature Center
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 11:45pm
Training and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Recreation Administration, or a related field supplemented by three- five years of progressively responsible experience in a revenue generating recreation or cultural, environmental/ecological facility or an equivalent combination of training and education is required. At least one year in a supervisory or management capacity must be included in the experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of business administration principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of facility management methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques.
- Knowledge of program planning and monitoring theories and methodologies.
- Ability to work constructively with community groups.
- Ability to coordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation phases of programs.
- Ability to develop grant applications and program budgets.
- Skill in evaluating and implementing leisure, recreation, environmental/ecological programs.
- Skill in supervising and evaluating the work of subordinate staff.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Skill in preparing narrative and financial reports.
- Must provide proof of City of Chicago residency