Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Chief Program Officer
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Pearlstone Center, Baltimore’s kosher farm-to-table retreat center and leader of the Jewish Outdoor Food, Farming, and Environmental Education movement (JOFEE), is nationally recognized as one of the most innovative Jewish organizations in North America. Every day we emanate genuine, loving warmth; we connect people to land,community, self, and Spirit; and we embody Living Judaism through real, applied values such as welcoming guests, environmental stewardship, and spiritual wellbeing.
To lead our programmatic efforts and guide a growing team of Jewish experiential educators during this dynamic period of growth and success, we seek an exceptional full-time entrepreneurial leader with experience in nonprofit program management and expertise in Jewish and/or environmental education.
Our educational programs are anchored in Jewish farm-based education utilizing crops, greenhouses, orchards, vineyards, and animals. Wilderness skills and farm-to-table cooking are also central, and throughout our programming we deeply integrate Jewish teachings emphasizing sustainability, justice, spiritual connection, and community. We work with many non-Jewish groups as well, including Baltimore City Schools and others.
As Chief Program Officer, you will supervise at least four full time employees, and will take part in strategic planning, program design, implementation, evaluation, staff recruitment and hiring, marketing strategy, fundraising, board engagement, and organizational partnerships. You will be a core member of Pearlstone’s management team, integrating programming with hospitality, agriculture, and sustainability activities, prioritizing staff sustainability and a vibrant, healthy workplace culture.
You must have:
- Passion for and deep connection to our mission and values
- “People skills” for strong relationships with parents, children, fellow staff, lay leaders, and partners
- Expertise in program management and informal educational leadership
- Proven ability, over at least three years, to effectively train, lead, and supervise at least three full time staff.
- A track record of sound judgment and effective problem solving in a fastpaced environment
- Success over at least three years in managing budgets of at least $200,000, meeting financial targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire and capacity to cultivate a pluralistic, inclusive and sustainable Jewish community and society
- Experience with Jewish education and farm, food, and/or outdoor education
- Flexible work schedule wherein evening, weekend, and Jewish holiday work is occasionally required
Salary & Benefits:
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and capacity
How to Apply:
How to apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Chief Program Officer” In the text of the email, please share informally and briefly (under one page/~200 words) what draws you to this role and main relevant skills or experience. No formal cover letter necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The Center for Teen Engagement reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.