Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Children & Family Programs Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Summer Exploration Camp and Adventure Camp
- Year-Round Camp
- Birthday Parties
- Weekend Family Programs
- Afterschool programs
- Scout programs
- Collaborate with:
- The Director of Education and Strategic Initiatives on curriculum content, program design and budgets for camp, birthday parties, weekend family programs and nature clubs.
- The Director of Education and Strategic Initiatives on staff hiring, training, and management of Summer Exploration Camp
- The Director of Development and Senior Marketing Specialist relative to development and marketing initiatives for children and family programs
- The Habitat Management Coordinator relative to preparation of summer camp
- Train and supervise per-diem staff for birthday parties, weekend family programs, afterschool clubs and scout programs
- Schedule and confirm dates for birthday parties, weekend family programs, afterschool clubs and scout programs.
- Teach programs as necessary
- Invoice and receive payment for birthday parties, weekend family programs, afterschool clubs and scout programs.
- Manage supply inventory and purchasing for birthday parties, a year-round camp, summer camp, afterschool programs and scout programs.
- Manage online calendar for areas of responsibility
- Direct summer camp program - overall responsibility for the quality and implementation of the program and the safety of campers, staff, and volunteers. Summer camp responsibilities include:
- Develop camp themes and descriptions, schedule field trips and overnights.
- Develop and implement evaluation plan for camp
- Manage ACTIVE Online Database Reserve
- Promote camp through camp fairs, local events, and distribution of camp brochures.
- Design and order summer camp t-shirts
- Interview and hire summer camp staff with Director of Education
- Recruit, interview, and schedule Camp Jr. Volunteers
- Train environmental educators, interns and camp junior volunteers including the planning and implementation of staff training week.
- Manage the day-to-day running of camp including the supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Manage inventory and purchase summer camp supplies
- Teach programs and assist with supervision as necessary
- General upkeep of the facility
- Send out weekly pre and post newsletters via constant contact to summer camp families, including a post-camp survey in each newsletter.
- Provide daily care and husbandry of program animals.
- Sponsor a Camper
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum BS degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, or Ecology
- 3-5 years of experience managing summer camp or childcare programs
- Knowledge of standard laws and best practices related to summer camp
- Proven management skills
- Exceptional teaching skills
- Experience delivering effective, inquiry-based science instruction in a natural setting
- Creative and solution-oriented problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience including senior leaders, peers, employees, teachers, parents and students using a variety of methods.
- Proven relationship building skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Good computer skills including word, excel and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes early morning and evenings and occasional weekends and holidays
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening including child abuse history clearance and driving record
- Ability to facilitate programs with adults and children outdoors in all conditions.
- No allergies to plants or animals that may interfere with the ability to do the work
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. at a distance of 25 ft
- No impairments of sight, smell, hearing, touch, balance or agility of movement (which cannot be corrected with appropriate devices) that would interfere with the ability to work
- Passionate about Riverbend’s mission
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Erin McCool, Director of Education & Strategic Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org, and no phone calls please.