Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Children's Forest Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 14, 2017, 5:00pm
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Working with key stakeholders, organizing and running meetings, strategic planning, and facilitating partnerships;
- Developing an organizational structure that allows RPA and its partners, Dyken Pond Environmental Education Center (DPEEC) and Grafton Lakes State Park (GLSP), to work seamlessly together on all aspects of the Children’s Forest;
- Recruiting teachers whose students will participate in the pilot project;
- Assisting DPEEC and GLSP personnel in the development of curricula for the Children’s Forest;
- Establishing a volunteer training program for on-site environmental educators, potentially including regional college students;
- Documenting Children’s Forest activities, including photography, and reporting progress to group partners on a regular basis;
- Overseeing the creation of a website devoted to the Children’s Forest and creating other forms of public relations material and social media;
- Assist in fundraising and grant writing to support the Children’s Forest;
- And other tasks deemed necessary to the Children’s Forest project.
The Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Dyken Pond Environmental Education Center but will also work closely with RPA and GLSP staff. The position is based at Dyken Pond Environmental Education Center in Grafton, NY, but is hired under the auspices of the Rensselear Plateau Alliance.
Abilities, Skills, Qualifications:
- Experience in education of youth is required; experience in environmental education strongly preferred ;
- Experience in project planning, development, and coordination;
- BS in education or natural history strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a setting with diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent people skills and an ability to work with committees, colleagues and others;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to move or transport program materials;
- Ability to frequently move through natural environment settings including trails and woods.
Schedule and Work Location:
The position is 20 hours per week.
Based at Dyken Pond EEC, with option to work from home on agreed upon basis. Attend off-site meetings as needed.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter & resume to Jim Bonesteel, Executive Director, Rensselaer Plateau Alliance, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Mr. Bonesteel at (518) 712-9211. All qualified persons are invited and encouraged to apply.
Paid vacation and sick time. Salary in the range of $17,000 - $20,000 per year.