Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Children's Garden Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Myriad Botanical Gardens
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General garden maintenance including watering, weeding, pruning, planting and fertilizing.
- Design and planting of seasonal color throughout the Children’s Garden, including seasonal rotation of raised edible garden and containers.
- Assist with curatorial duties, such as identification, signage, and plant records.
- Work with Education Department to develop programming and interactive interpretive elements.
- Develop formal and informal classes and activities working with local experts.
- Work with Special Events Department to develop unique horticultural displays and exhibits for seasonal events (Pumpkinville, Winter Holiday, Arts Festival, Spring Show etc.).
- Oversee volunteers and seasonal interns.
- Maintain a friendly, polite, service-oriented demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Horticulture.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Landscape maintenance experience.
- Experience working with children and planning and leading children’s activities
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Able to coordinate & communicate with staff members from multiple departments.
- Able to maintain and follow schedules in order to complete routine tasks on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Able to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Professional work ethic.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to perform preventive maintenance repairs.
- Able to work with youth from diverse backgrounds.
- Able to follow proper safety procedures, rules and regulations.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Clearance of background check.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Myriad Gardens Foundation
301 W Reno Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73102