Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Coastal Discovery Center Assistant Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 3, 2016, 12:00am
Website:Oregon Museum of Science htt
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of OMSI Outdoor Science Education programs, including Outdoor School, Summer Science Camps, Rental, and Family Weekends.
- Act as the liaison between group leaders, teachers, area organizations, OMSI registrar, and the Coastal Discovery Center for programming, scheduling, and program follow-up.
- Responsible for hiring and supervision of camp counselors, under the direction of the Manager.
- Develop, organize and implement concept-based, natural science curriculum for all grade levels (K-12), including adult learners.
- Teach field studies, interest groups, evening programs, or traveling programs.
What you’ll need:
- Thorough working knowledge of learning styles and instructional strategies, field program instruction, and natural history.
- Ability to self-initiate, self-motivate, and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in natural science, education or environmental studies or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum 1 year leadership, supervisory, or management experience.
- Minimum 1 year of program coordination and/or project management.
- Minimum 2 year of experience working with youth in an outdoor residential educational setting.
- Minimum 2 year of formal or informal experience in teaching science related topics.
- Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, fingerprinting, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, reference checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check and pre-employment drug test for the CDL Driver’s Policy.
- Onsite living available, including shared staff quarters.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
How to Apply:
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/79661.html to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.