Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Communications & Social Media Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 11:30pm
Position Title: Communications & Social Media Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director and Director of Technology
Location: Washington, DC Office
Date: January 2020
The Communications & Social Media Coordinator supports NAAEE’s communication and marketing efforts, including print and digital media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google My Business, and Instagram), our family of websites, and outreach to members and supporters. The Communications & Social Media Coordinator will help ensure that all communications and fundraising efforts align with NAAEE’s strategic framework. This position also works with colleagues in all program areas to advance eePRO, NAAEE’s online professional learning site, and assists NAAEE staff in developing its annual report, fundraising campaigns, special projects, creative new ideas, general communications, and supporting the annual conference.
General Communications duties include:
- Writing copy for web, press releases, annual conference, social media, and other communication needs
- Overseeing and recording analytics for all social media channels for NAAEE
- Supporting the implementation of NAAEE communications strategy, including accessibility compliance with standards set by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Supporting moderators of eePRO special interest groups by providing training and overseeing activity in groups
- Reviewing, editing, and posting content to eePRO
- Working with Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist to conduct outreach to online and print media outlets
- Working with Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist on program advertisement, fliers, conference exhibit displays, and signage
- Managing webinar and meeting video recording, production, captioning, and uploading to NAAEE’s YouTube channel
- Updating NAAEE’s digital brand guidelines as part of overall communications strategy
- Participating in web content planning meetings as part of overall communications strategy
- Managing NAAEE’s Google Ads and Google My Business Account
- Using Google Marketing Suite tools to analyze the success of communication strategies and tactics
- Promoting the annual conference through media channels, populating the mobile app, and participating in on-site staffing support at the conference.
- Regularly reviewing, moderating, and posting content on NAAEE’s family of websites.
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (A degree in one or more relevant fields, including journalism, environmental education, marketing, communications, and/or conservation is a plus.)
- 1–3 years of communications experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including creative writing, editing, social media, and proofreading.
- Experience with web content management such as Drupal; skills using HTML, and a CRM such as CiviCRM; experience with Google Marketing Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Meltwater Analytics a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and good humor
- Ability to work independently as required but also to work effectively as a team member; ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem solve, and exercise tact and diplomacy
- Cultural competence and the ability to work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- A team-player who enthusiastically represents NAAEE to external partners, members, funders, and other stakeholders; this position is designed for an individual who is a self-starter and is eager to learn and grow professionally.
How to Apply:
Please email résumé and cover letter to Mary Ocwieja, Director of Technology, at email@example.com “Communication Coordinator” in the title of your email. Salary commensurate with experience.