Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Engagement Associate
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:00pm
POSITION: Community Engagement Associate
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement Manager
LOCATION: Open, remote from home office*
River Network, a nationally-focused nonprofit organization (approximately 20 staff working across the country, a $3M annual operating budget, and 30+ year track record) seeks a highly organized and results-driven professional to join our Community Engagement team in assisting with organization’s clean-up and other community engagement events that match corporate interests in clean water, healthy rivers, and other social responsibility goals with opportunities to support local communities and nonprofit organizations across our nationwide network.
The Community Engagement Associate will provide support to River Network’s corporate relationships and their investments and engagement in local projects that restore water quality and quantity (e.g., community clean-ups, litter removal projects, etc.). Find out more about our current corporate engagement here. This position will work closely with program, marketing, and philanthropy colleagues to achieve objectives in alignment with River Network’s current strategic plan. The Associate will have strong experience in managing and delivering events, tracking and evaluating results, public speaking, and working with and engaging diverse audiences. This position will work closely with program, marketing, and philanthropy colleagues to achieve objectives in alignment with River Network’s current strategic plan. The Associate will have strong experience in managing and delivering river clean-up events or other community/corporate engagement events and activities, tracking and evaluating results, public speaking, and working with partners to implement projects and engage diverse audiences.
• Assists with event planning and execution for community programs and events. This can include communicating with partners during the planning process, following up with partners to collect feedback, and updating databases and event tracking data.
• Maintains ongoing communications with participants of our community engagement efforts to ensure project deliverables are met, to track progress and to provide support on project management and implementation.
• Oversees data collection and management efforts associated with corporate deliverables, allowing River Network to track impact and results. This may include maintaining and updating internal systems for data collection and analysis such as apps, surveys and other technology.
• Analyzes and summarizes project data to an audience of River Network funders, partners and staff and board.
• Delivers communications and marketing goals of corporate partnerships under the guidance of River
Network’s Community Engagement Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager.
• Communicates persuasively with diverse audiences through phone conversations, written proposals, reports, blog posts, toolkits and more.
• Organizes and maintains network of community organizations participating in our corporate engagement work, including facilitating virtual discussions, moderating online community space, and planning and facilitating peer network calls as needed.
• Assists with other community engagement projects as needed.
• Contributes to organizational evolution and team discussions, fosters productive work relationships with others, and follows River Network practices, procedures, and policies
• One to three years of professional experience planning and executing events and leading data collection, analysis and evaluation activities.
• Strong people skills and public speaking experience, with proven ability to engage diverse audiences – individually and in groups.
• Strong research and writing skills, with proven experience developing compelling and clear prose for specific audiences.
• Highly detail-oriented, with proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering assignments within stringent deadlines. This position requires discretion and confidentiality.
• Excitement to travel to project sites in locations across the country (average 1-2 times per year) and attend the annual River Rally conference and 1- 2 staff retreats/yr.
• Professional experience working with companies in the private sector and/or community-based organizations.
• Savvy with technology, with proficiency in project management approaches and technologies, MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, SharePoint), software related to data collection at and after events (e.g., gravity forms, Survey Monkey, etc.), and organizational record storage and improvement (Salesforce, etc.).
• Alignment with River Network’s core values of respect, integrity, balance, growth, inclusion and strength.
• Knowledge of current and evolving trends in corporate social and environmental responsibility.
• Knowledge of river conservation, litter management, other current issues within the water arena, and equity, inclusion and diversity.
• Experience engaging with a geographically dispersed team.
ABOUT RIVER NETWORK: River Network envisions a future of clean and ample water for people and nature, where local caretakers are well-equipped, effective and courageous champions for our rivers. River Network’s mission is to empower and unite people and communities to protect and restore rivers and other waters that sustain all life. Visit www.rivernetwork.org to learn more about our current priorities. Our headquarters are in Boulder, Colorado and we have staff located in communities across the U.S. We are committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas to achieve our mission – explore our core values and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, our explanation for why equity, diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our mission, and our principles for equitable and inclusive work. Through our programs, we seek to connect with all communities and increase the impact of their efforts to secure clean and ample water. Through our internal practices and external leadership, we seek an inclusive workplace culture that attracts diverse staff, board, members, and supporters.
*River Network’s headquarters are in Boulder, CO though our staff are dispersed across the country. Our priority is hiring the best candidate for this position regardless of location.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume as one integrated PDF or Word document to Karla Noboa (they/them) at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Associate” in the subject line of the email. References, work samples, simulations, and questions will be part of the selection process. Applicant review and interviews will be on a rolling basis, and all applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, June 24, 2022. No phone calls please. The successful applicant must also meet the requirements of River Network’s background screening process. Consistent with our values and our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion as stated above, River Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SALARY AND TERM: $42,000 to $50,000/year for a Full Time / 1 FTE (40 hours/week), exempt position with comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, and vision health insurance; 403b retirement savings plan; vacation and well-being leave; employee assistance program; life insurance; technology stipend; and paid holidays.