Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Engagement Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Community Engagement Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA member will:
- Develop educational partnerships with schools and youth organizations.
- Build access to hands-on STEM learning curricula, programs, resources, and teacher trainings.
- Develop systems of communication and strategic resources supporting sustained connections between Tremont and target low-income communities.
- Expand Tremont’s capacity to train teachers, administrators, and youth organizations in hands-on STEM education methods and strategies for implementation.
- Raise awareness of and engagement in experiential learning within target communities.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Tremont and target low-income communities.
GSMIT will provide the following benefits for each VISTA member:
- Housing: VISTA members will be offered onsite housing on GSMIT’s campus in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. VISTA members will be responsible for paying monthly rent to GSMIT. Housing will include a private bedroom with shared bathroom, shower, living room, patio, and kitchen. Housing includes electric (including heat and AC), water, phone, and wireless internet.
- Meals: VISTA members will have access, at no cost, to all meals served in GSMIT’s dining hall during programming. With the exception of parts of December and January, meals are typically served in the dining hall at least twice per day, often seven days per week.
- Training: VISTA members will participate in GSMIT staff training sessions on a variety of topics such as nonprofit management, experiential education pedagogy and methodology, team-building, natural history, etc.
This position will be administered by the Corporation for National Community Service, the parent organization of the AmeriCorps VISTA program. As a member of the VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) program, the successful candidate will receive:
- $11,676 annual living stipend ($973/mo.)
- Choice of education award or end of service stipend
- Health Coverage
- Childcare Assistance
- Relocation Allowance
- AmeriCorps VISTA training and travel
Experience and Education: A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. One or more years experience in any combination of the following: community organization, formal education, experiential education, outreach, and/or communications.
Essential skills: Strong interpersonal relations, public speaking, familiarity with education trends, professional writing, safe driving record, proficient in Microsoft Office.
Preferred skills: Background in K-16, experiential, and/or science education, proficiency in speaking/reading Spanish.
Position Start Date:
Monday, July 18, 2016
How to Apply:
We aim to fill this position no later than June 13. Please apply as soon as possible. Send a resume and cover letter, detailing your interest in the position and relevant skills, to Caleb Carlton, media and outreach specialist, at email@example.com. For more information or to address inquiries, please email Caleb.