Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Engagement Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Community Engagement Coordinator VISTA will:
- Build a culture of meaningful, local-personal-relevant education opportunities in school systems and target East Tennessee communities.
- Develop educational partnerships with schools and youth organizations by spending extensive time collaborating with teachers, administrators, and community members in their school and schoolyard settings.
- Expand regional access to engage in hands-on STEM curricula, programs, resources, and teacher trainings.
- Develop systems of communication and strategic resources supporting sustained connections between GSMIT and target communities.
- Assist GSMIT faculty with curricula and standards-based activity development and implementation at schools.
- Expand Tremont’s capacity to train teachers, administrators, and youth organizations in hands-on STEM education methods and strategies for implementation.
- Raise awareness of and engagement in experiential learning within target communities.
- Serve as the primary liaison between GSMIT and target low-income communities.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter addressed to Caleb Carlton, program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please email Caleb or call at (865) 448-6708. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. For full job description