Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 18, 2020, 9:00pm
Website:Fairmount Park Conservancy
Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion Philadelphia’s parks. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park and more than 100 neighborhood parks around the city. Philadelphia has one of the largest urban park systems in the world, providing residents with extensive health, environmental, social, economic and cultural benefits – including access to some of the region’s most famous attractions.
Fairmount Park Conservancy (FPC) is seeking an energetic, organized, and passionate individual to join our Community Programs team. The ideal candidate will have experience planning a variety of events and programs, be an excellent communicator, and have a strong and collaborative work ethic. Familiarity with Philadelphia’s diverse neighborhoods, relevant volunteer or civic engagement experience, and a strong interest in parks and public spaces are also ideal. This position will oversee the We Walk PHL program – a free walking group program in Philadelphia parks – and support other Community Programs at the Conservancy.
One key responsibility of this position is to make mutually supportive connections across all Conservancy community facing programs.
We Walk PHL
- Recruit, supervise and train walk Leaders. Training to include education around the health benefits of spending time in nature and health justice issues in Philadelphia.
- Monitor and evaluate walk sessions as instructed under training
- Post approved content to We Walk PHL Facebook group at least three times per week, assist walk leaders with communications and check We Walk email account
- Promote We Walk PHL by attending community meetings and/or distributing flyers in the neighborhoods where walks are currently scheduled
- Oversee program expansion to 15 parks
- Coordinate and lead regular meetings among program partners at Philadelphia Department of Public Health and Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Manage all program expenses. Budget tracking and invoicing
- Manage the design and distribution of We Walk collateral
- lntegrate We Walk into FPC community facing programs, like the Park Friends Network
- Organize learning opportunities, volunteer challenges and partnerships w group interests and park connections
- Data tracking, reports, presentations
- Process all program expenses, invoices, receipts and reimbursements
- Budget tracking and invoicing
- Coordinate CSA with Farm Philly staff and Conservancy Communications Department
- Coordinate seed propagation program in collaboration with Farm Philly staff and Conservancy Communications
- Assist with Farm Philly programs in West Fairmount Park and the East Parkside community
Volunteer and Environmental Program Support
- Provide administrative, logistical, and outreach support for the Conservancy’s volunteer programs, including for individual volunteer opportunities, corporate stewardship, Love Your Park, and volunteer leadership.
- Support Volunteer & Environmental Program Manager in developing community-building initiatives around volunteerism and environmental programming in Philly’s parks.
- Lead educational hikes and walks throughout our park system to connect residents to their local parks
- Educate volunteers and walk attendees on the health benefits of spending time in nature
- We recognize knowledge comes in many forms and many places in our society. We will prioritize experience community programming and customer service over educational attainment.
- A clean and valid driver’s license and ability to drive Fairmount Park Conservancy vehicles
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work with diverse group of stakeholders and community members
- Comfort in outdoor environments for extended time periods, including all weather conditions
- Basic record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills, as part of team coordination but also in leading volunteer groups and speaking at community meetings
- An ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, independently and efficiently with numerous deadlines
- Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends. Note, overtime is not authorized but flex time is provided.
The salary for this position is $40,000. Additionally, the Fairmount Park Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please prepare a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references, and salary requirements as either PDF or Word documents and submit at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d250369117dd488baa22a899d5c26268